Emma Elizabeth Poland
E: email@example.com | A: N1 5TQ | P: 0759 846 9126
Visa Status: UK Ancestry
Linkedin Profile: http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/emma-poland/57/b0a/812
Education and Qualifications
Graduate Diploma of Law
BPP University London, London, United Kingdom
Post Graduate Diploma Pharmaceutical Science and Drug Evaluation
University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Bachelor of Science, Pharmacology Major
University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Lycée Saint Elme, Arcachon, France
Auckland Diocesan School for Girls, Auckland, New Zealand
Key Transferrable Skills
- Strong organisational, administrative and time management skills
- Event organisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident and calm under tight time constraints
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of social media and emerging trends in media
- Ability to both work as part of a team as well as manage others effectively within it.
Relevant Employment History
Press Relations Officer
OptiBac Probotics, London
November 2013 – present
OptiBac Probiotics specialise in probiotic supplements selling to health food stores and independent pharmacies nationwide as well as direct to customers (UK and internationally).
Key Responsibilities and Achievements
- Planned, organised and managed product launch evening with top British health journalists and bloggers
- Successfully partnered with Womankind Worldwide, an international women’s rights charity, donating money to organisation from each pack of new product sold
- Responsible for contacting health journalists to pitch ideas for stories about company brands/products and implementing PR campaigns
- Contact health bloggers, maintain Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts
- Work closely with London sales team in sales strategy planning, as well as report directly to head of marketing and business development
- Press gained in past 12 months: http://www.optibacprobiotics.co.uk/blog?page=2.
Various Administrative and Personal Assistant Roles
Nov 2011 – present
Hansa Capital Partners, London
Hansa Capital Partners provides investment management and advisory services to global investors.
My role as William Salomon’s personal assistant consisted of extensive diary management, keeping on top of all his Board commitments and organising national/international travel and accommodation. I arranged his meetings, telephone calls and all external appointments. I Liaised and built relationships with his clients and their PA’s on a daily basis. I managed expense processing as well as other personal ad hoc tasks. When required I was responsible for day to day office management tasks including; booking of meeting rooms, video/teleconferencing facilities, catering and special equipment as required. Gather business requirements for CRM system from CFO, company secretary and office administrator’s. I also coordinate projects and lead meetings between internal staff and external IT company client Relationship Management (CRM) system analysis and reporting and write office procedure documents the office.
Brewin Dolphin, London
Brewin Dolphin is one of UK’s leading providers of personalised, discretionary wealth management services, offering investment management and financial planning services.
I worked for the Operational Risk team within the Regulation and Risk Department. I planned, organised and managed corporate team events. I also organised meetings with external and internal staff. I was responsible for project coordination and partnering with IT project management team from Ernst and Young. I collected and transmitted the business requirements for the project, and translated these into functional specifications and detailed test plans. I also documenting workflows and results of business analysis and obtaining sign-off from client on specifications.
France & Asia
Jun 2010 – Nov 2011
I worked on the superyachts in Palma and Antibes as well as completing a ski season in France working in a ski chalet.
Risk Management Specialist
Jan 2009 – May 2010
Celgene is a global pharmaceutical company specialising in haematology and oncology treatments.
- Partnered effectively with all departments within the biopharmaceutical company including regular communication with global offices as well as drug regulatory bodies: FDA, TGA and EMEA
- Managed IT web based project with objective to improve and enhance special drug distribution program ‘RevAccess’ used by patients, physicians and pharmacists to ensure safe use of cancer drug therapy: Thalidomide and Revlimid in Australia and New Zealand
- Accountable for running management reports for senior management staff and describe results in weekly team meetings
- Trained Australian sales team on new risk management program and developed training materials to aid learning.
2003 Duke of Edinburgh Gold
2003 School Prefect
2001-3 Kids line councillor – www.kidsline.org.nz
2000-2 School Rowing Team – Under 15’s and under 16’s squad.
My passions are fitness, health and wellbeing. I enjoy keeping active and prioritise things that allow me to be outdoors. These include skiing, yoga, pilates, rock climbing and running. I also enjoy reading, guitar and keeping up with new technology.